Left to Right:
- Lamy 2000 – Binderized Medium Nib – Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun
- Pilot Vanishing Point in Matte Black – Binderized Medium Nib – Sailor Kiwa Guro Nano Black
- Lamy Vista – Medium Nib – Pilot Iroshizuku ku-jaku
- Lamy Safari in Charcoal – Fine Nib – Pilot Iroshizuku yama-budo
- Franklin-Christoph Collegia No. 27 in Grey – Fine Nib – Franklin-Christoph Olde Emerald
- Pilot Metropolitan in Matte Black with Dots – Medium Nib – J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir
- Kaweco Sport in Bordeaux – Fine Nib – Sailor Jentle Grenade
- Lamy Al-Star in Graphite – Extra Fine Nib – Noodler’s Ellis Island Blue-Black
- Parker Sonnet Ciselle – Extra Fine Nib – Diamine Denim
- Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black Edition – Fine Nib – Diamine Oxblood
Notes: I have to admit, I’m at kind of a weird place in my fountain pen “journey”. I’ve actually found pens and inks I’ve been really happy with. There are combos of pen and ink that are really settling in as favorites. I haven’t been changing inks too often, hence the lesser number of loadout posts. This week was different though, there were enough pens that have been loaded with inks I haven’t used before (or in a long time). My favorite combo this week is between the Lamy 2000 loaded with Alt-Goldgrun or the Lamy Al-Star with Ellis Island. Both inks really complement the pens that they’re in very well, and they’re both a pleasure to use. Enjoy the pictures, and don’t forget that you can submit your own loadout of pens and inks to be featured on the site: Click here if you would like to share what you carry!
10 thoughts on “Weekly Loadout – 5/5/13”
What is the notebook used here?
It’s a Rhodia 4 color book. Has sections with different color edges for organization. I’ll be doing a review soon!
Nice pens! What note book is that?
Thanks! It’s the Rhodia 4 color book.
That was a fast response. Looking forward to the review.
How is the Ellis Island blue- black? I love dark blue-blacks. 54th Massachusetts is one of my favorites. Is it similar?
It’s super smooth, I want to try it out in a broader nib. The color is a nice blue-black with a hint of green. I have a sample of 54th Mass, haven’t tried it yet though! Reviews coming soon of both.
Nice load out.
I like your taste in inks. Kiwa-Guro and Jentle Grenade are inks which I like a lot.
I have both of the greens featured here, and I usually have a bit of difficulty telling apart F-C Olde Emerald from R&K Alt Goldgrun. The former is a shade darker, ever so slightly.
I have also noticed that F-C performs better than R&K on poor quality paper, in regards to feathering and bleed through.
My methods were not at all scientific though. I had R&K in Kaweco ice Sport 1.1, and F-C in a Noodler’s Ahab (fitted with a Monteverde 1.1 nib)
I’m a big fan of the kiwa-guro, it’s a great black that works well on almost every paper. The FC green is okay, and the R&K is pretty terrible on cheap paper.
Thanks for reading!