Left to Right:
- Sailor Sapporo in Black/Rhodium – Extra Fine Nib – Noodler’s Blue Black
- Kaweco Liliput in Black Aluminum – Kaweco Paradise Blue Cartridge
- Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black – Fine Nib – Diamine Eau de Nil
- Lamy Al-Star in Matte Black – Extra Fine Nib – Sailor Kiwa Guro Black
- Kaweco AL Sport in Graphite – Medium Nib – Kaweco Pearl Black Cartridge
- Lamy 2000 – Binderized Medium Nib – P.W. Akkerman Vorhoot Violet
- Lamy Safari in Red – Medium Nib – Diamine Oxblood
- Montblanc 149 in Black – Medium Nib – Iroshizuku kon-peki
- 1998 Sailor Magellan Demonstrator – Medium Nib – Iroshizuku fuyu-syogun
- Lamy AL-Star in Coffee Brown – 1.1mm stub – Noodler’s #41 Brown
Notes: I think that “Weekly Loadout” is now going to be more of a monthly thing. I can’t tell you how many of these I’ve written out, failed to photograph on time, and just let expire. Since finishing up school, I haven’t been able to use my pens as much as in class, so they tend to stay full of ink for a bit longer than they used to. There are several new additions here since last time I posted a loadout. You’ll see the new Sailor Sapporo, the matte black Lamy AL-Star, two new Kawecos, and the fire hose of a pen, the Sailor Magellan demonstrator. Reviews are all in the works for the new ones, as well as the Montblanc 149. I tried to show the restraint that Brad at The Pen Addict has been showing with his fountain pen loadout, but I find myself just filling up pens with inks I plan to review without cleaning out what’s in the rotation already. Also, my most recent batch of photos (these included) were shot outside. I’m really happy with how these turned out. There are a few upcoming ink reviews that are in the batch that were also shot the same way. Do you prefer a sterile, scientific setting for ink review photos, or is natural light working? Let me know! Also, my hard drive crashed on my main computer. Guess who didn’t make a recent backup! That’s right, me. So posts may be a little more spaced out than usual, fingers crossed that something can be done.
In the mean time, if you need a fountain pen picture fix, check out my Instagram.
Enjoy the pictures, and don’t forget that you can submit your own loadout of pens and inks to be featured on the site: Click here if you would like to share what you carry!
4 thoughts on ““Weekly” Loadout – September 2013”
I’m excited to see that you got a Kaweco Al Sport! It looks like such a beautiful pen, I hope it suits you well 🙂
Me too! Kaweco was kind enough to send me a gigantic box of fountain pen goodies. That was the first one I inked up, I’ve been wanting one of those FOREVER, and I have no idea why I waited so long. Perfect weight, quality build, and it just looks cool. Plus all the newer Kawecos have screw-in nibs, so they can be easily switched.
Hmmm. That Sapporo is a pretty decent size. I always thought it was a mini pen for some reason. It’s small, but definitely a miniature pen. Add another one to the list… Sigh…
It’s quite comfortable. Definitely not a mini pen. I’m really happy with it, but I don’t know how happy if be if I paid full retail for it.