Hot out of the gate on Kickstarter is the new ITALIA fountain pen by ēnsso design. Coming off a few popular releases, this new design is something different from the rest of their current offerings. The ITALIA is a bold design, which is a slight departure from their sleeker past lineup. It makes sense that they’d come up with a pen that looks distinctly different from their previous pens and the ITALIA does a great job separating itself from the pack.
THe ITALIA is an interesting looking pen that brings some fresh design to the fountain pen world. It’s widest at the center and tapers slightly to the grip and tail, terminating at a conical tip. There’s an interesting “greek key” pattern on the cap band area and end of the grip which I really happen to like. It’s a much-needed detail on an otherwise plain looking pen. Should the “green key” pattern not fit your aesthetic, you can opt for a much more modern pattern of three thin lines. You can see all of the available options on the Kickstarter page.
Here are some of the specs:
- Total length: 139.5 mm / 5.49″
- Uncapped length (with nib): 125.5 mm / 4.94″
- Maximum width: 15 mm / 0.59″
- Grip width: 12.5 mm / 0.49″
- Black Aluminum total weight: 27.7 g / 0.97 oz
- Black Aluminum uncapped weight: 18 g / 0.63 oz
- Brass total weight: 81 g / 2.85 oz
- Brass uncapped weight: 53.3 g / 1.88 oz
- Titanium total weight: 44.8 g / 1.58 oz
- Titanium uncapped weight: 29.2 g / 1.03 oz