Here’s yet another Weekly Loadout Submission, this time from Mike H.
If you would like to submit your Weekly Loadout of pens, ink, and paper, please share by clicking here!
Submission by Mike H.
Mike’s Description (Left to Right):
- Parker 51, Extra Fine Nib loaded with Parker Quink Black
- Pilot Vanishing Point, Fine Nib loaded withPrivate Reserve Midnight Blue
- Pelikan M125, Extra Fine Nib loaded with Pilot Iroshizuku Shin Kai
- Pilot Custom 74, Soft Fine Medium Nib loaded with J. Herbin Perle Noire
- Lamy AL-Star, Medium Nib loaded with Noodler’s Ottoman Azure
This is typically what I use throughout the week. The Parker 51 usually stays at home, the Pelikan in my shirt pocket and the rest in a pen case. Ink changes a lot, but these are some of my favorites. Just got the Shin Kai in a sample and man am I loving it.
- Right now, probably the Custom 74 w/ Perle Noir. Very nice combo!
Least Favorite Combo:
- Probably the Parker. It is a GREAT pen, but it does need some work.
Mike, first things first, your handwriting is very neat and I can see why most of the pens you use write on the finer side. I have a Vanishing Point that I like quite a bit, mine is the matte black version but I’ve been looking for a different finish. This one’s quite nice. I’ve also been looking to get a pen from the Pilot Custom line, not sure if I want a 74 or the 823 with the vacuum fill. I’m a big fan of J. Herbin’s Perle Noire, it’s a great smooth, dark black that I use pretty frequently. Lastly, the blue Lamy Al-Star is pretty much a perfect match with Noodler’s Ottoman Azure. You have a nice assortment of pens, everything is different in it’s own way which makes for a well rounded loadout.
Thanks for submitting!
2 thoughts on “Weekly Loadout Submission – Mike H.”
Thanks for posting this! It’s fun to share fountain pens and ink 🙂
I have got to open up to some wider nibs!
Not a problem, thanks again for sharing!
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…nothing wrong with a fine nib!