If you would like to submit your Weekly Loadout of pens, ink, and paper, please share by clicking here!
Mike Dudek of ClickyPost.com
@clickypost on Twitter
@mrmikedudek on Instagram
- Kaweco ART Sport – Amber – Medium Nib – Kaweco Blue
- Kaweco AL-Sport – Blue – EF Nib – Kaweco Blue
- Pilot Vanishing Point – Black/Chrome – Fine Nib – with Kon-Peki
- TWSBI Classic – Blue – 1.1mm Stub with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki
- TWSBI Mini – Classic Finish – Fine Nib – with Kon-Peki
- Karas Kustoms Ink Prototype – Medium Nib with Kon-Peki
- Rotring 600 – Black – Fine Nib with Visconti Turquoise
- Rotring Newton Lava – Medium Nib with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki
I’ve been a huge Doane Paper fan and the Idea Journal and Notepads are my go-to everyday at home and work. I recently started using the Flap Jotters this week and am probably converted to use as a replacement to the Notepads. The paper in the jotter is more fountain pen friendly and I confirmed with Doane that it is a different type of paper than the others. Highly recommend picking up a few of them.
A newbie to the collection, the Vanishing Point with the Kon-Peki. My first impressions of this pen are really high and I’m enjoying how reliable and ink flow is. It starts up every time without a pause of any kind. I’ll admit, the F runs a little bit fine, but is comfortable. I’m probably going to put in an order for an M nib unit for it too. Close second would be the Amber ART Sport. The M nib on it is extremely smooth and the finish of the pen is phenomenal. A killer combo.
First off, I have to apologize for creating a monster. I sent Mike a sample of the Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and look at his loadout. It’s everywhere, and I can understand why, it’s such a great color! There’s a great selection of nibs here, covering most bases. Knowing Mike, there’s also a handful of various clicky pens that are not far behind. I also have the ART Sport, the AL Sport, a Vanishing Point, a TWSBI Mini, a Karas Ink, and a Rotring Newton in my collection so I can’t argue with your choices here. I usually have Kon-Peki in at least one pen as well. Great stuff as always Mike!
If you would like to submit your Weekly Loadout of pens, ink, and paper, please share by clicking here and filling out the form!