Here’s yet another Weekly Loadout Submission, this time from Ivan of Inktronics.
If you would like to submit your Weekly Loadout of pens, ink, and paper, please share by clicking here!
Ivan Romero of Inktronics
Also, check out his feed on instagram: ivanr365 for some more pen and ink-related goodness.
Ivan’s Description (Left to Right):
- Starting on the left, I have my Kuru Toga mechanical pencil I sourced through Jetpens. I do not use pencil often but I do need one once in a while.
- Next is the TWSBI Micarta with a B nib and Waterman Absolute Brown. I got the pen in a trade on FPGeeks forum.
- I use highlighters quite a bit and the Zebra H301 fits the bill. It was given to me by a coworker that also enjoys pens (and is also my Jetpens buddy).
- After that is the Zebra V301 fountain pen.
- Next to that is my next review pen. The Platinum Century #3776 with a C nib (double broad) and currently loaded with Diamine Asa Blue.
- Finally, we come to the Pilot Custom 742 with sutab nib (factory stub). It is also loaded with Diamine Asa Blue and is my anchor point for comparison to the Platinum.
- I use mainly Rhodia Dotpad (see the edjelley.com review here) paper for my reviews (#16) but I also use Doane Paper notebooks at work with a leather Renaissance Art Moleskine Pocket Cahier cover.
- It’s a secret for a future review. :D
Least Favorite Combo:
- Not a least favorite but I know that some nib modifications will be forthcoming. The Platinum C nib is just to broad for my hand.
Ivan, you have a nice carry here, I especially like the case. I’m sure more people carry a pencil and a highlighter, but more often than not they don’t show them off with their fountain pens. I’m glad you did! Pencils are a necessary tool, and it never hurts to keep one close by. Same goes for the highlighter. I’m really curious as to how the Platinum and the Pilot stack up against each other. They look very similar. I don’t have experience with either of those pens, so I’m looking forward to hearing how they are. I think the Pilot has the slight edge in the looks department, but only because of the engraving on the nib. Thanks for sharing!